bruising vs cutting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruising vs cutting

I used to cut a while ago, and I had a bit of a problem. My friend kept telling me I needed to stop cause it wasn't healthy. Then I got put in inpatient. You can't have anything sharp. I switched from cutting to bruising. I used hard cover books to hit myself until I bruised. When I got out and my friend found out, she flipped. She started saying how bruising as a substitute for cutting doesn't make the problem any better. I don't see the issue. It's not like bruising will cause my body any permanent damage.

I'm sorry that you've been through so much. Hurting yourself in any form is not healthy. It does not really have to do with permanent damage. It has to do with more of the idea that you are hurting yourself as a way to try and cope with your feelings. It sounds like your friend really cares about you and is only trying to help. Here are some resources to check out:
    www.self-injury.net
    www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org
    www.selfharm.net
    http://butterfly-project.tumblr.com/

You can call or text us anytime to talk about this more. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X