Weight loss?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss?

So, I've always had problems with my weight, since I was born. Given, I was born in a very rural part of China and I was in an orphanage that barely had any funding to feed children, but that's besides the point. Now, most of my friends complain about how "fat" they are (trust me, none of them are fat). I have the opposite problem, I'm too thin. When I was adopted and brought to the US, I was severely underweight. Throughout most of my life, I've been stuck being underweight or barely making it to the average weight zone. Then, about nine months ago maybe, a problem came up. I'm already barely making average weight, and it suddenly started dropping. Like, maybe five months ago I was 101 pounds. I weighed myself today, and I weighed 92 pounds. And, I'm not avoiding eating if anyone is going to say that, I eat more than almost everyone I know, and yes, it is meat and protein, not just junk (though I do like a good chocolate bar every now and again). At first, I thought it was just stress, but my stress has actually been extremely low these last two months, and that still didn't stop the weight loss. I know I'm losing weight at a slow pace, but that doesn't change the fact that I am losing weight and slipping back under the weight average. It isn't my medication either, I'm only on one medication that could cause weight loss, but I've been on it before and it didn't last time. All it did was increase my appetite. I told my mother, and she doesn't know what to do. She's tried giving me more protein, every meal she makes has chicken or ham in it now, but even if I do somehow gain a pound or two, I always lose it withing the next two days. I have no clue what's going on. Also, yes, I am getting the proper amount of sleep, I'm eating breakfast (I have bacon, fruit, and sometimes toast), and me anxiety/stress/depression is under control.

First of all I want to say that I'm glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR for support. I am also sorry you are going through this and can't figure out what is going on. I would suggest seeing a therapist about this, if you are not already to rule out a mental health concern. If it is not a concern with your mental health, I would suggest seeing a medical doctor, to make sure there isn't something medically wrong. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to 2NDFLOOR. We are available 24/7 by text, phone or message board post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X