misdiagnoses and miscommunication

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misdiagnoses and miscommunication

I am so confused about my mental health. All I know is I have depression, general anxiety disorder, and ADHD. I don't know what's going on other than that though because no one I talk to seems to agree on what I have. My first psychiatrist diagnosed me with bipolar II but that was later stated to be a misdiagnosis because my reaction to antidepressants was wrong for bipolar disorder. Not one psychiatrist has the same opinion as to my mental health since then. I've had people tell me I have Aspergers, Social anxiety, OCD, and paranoia, and no one can agree on what I even have. Every professional has a different opinion and I just want a solid answer because I feel like I'm drowning in all the different medications I'm being put on and taken off of. I doubt you can diagnosis me over the internet on a message board, but I just want to know what on earth I'm supposed to do because I'm hearing dozens of different opinions and I just want to know how I know who to believe on this because I'm going insane with the worries on these different diagnoses from different people.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. I understand your frustration about this, but more information may be needed to give you the best response. How long ago did these diagnoses begin? How many different psychiatrists/therapists have diagnosed you? And how long were you on the medications for? Sometimes it takes a while for people to get the right diagnosis and be put on a medication that works for them. I know it's hard, but continue to be patient with yourself during this process. If you'd like to talk more about this please don't hesitate to contact 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 24/7 through call, text, or message board.

Comment

the diagnoses began 5 years ago and I've been diagnosed by 5 psychiatrists and a nurse practitioner. I've been diagnosed with OCD three times, Paranoia once, Aspergers once, and Bipolar II three times. The only once I've been officially medicated for is Bipolar II for three and a half years.

Comment

I think it is important to see one psychiatrist and explain this to them. If you aren't already in therapy, start seeing a therapist, so you could learn some coping strategies to help you. I understand your frustration with the various medications but as said above, it is sometimes extremely difficult to find the right medication that will work for you. Don't give up though and please reach out to 2NDFLOOR anytime by text, phone or message board post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X