This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want my period anymore***

So I am about to be 18, and i have been thinking about this for a while. I have become self efficient and going to begin my life with complete independence. I've been looking around for answer even asking my doctors who honestly belittle me at this point. I don't want my period anymore, it's not like i wanna change my gender or anything, or even about health reasons. You see the only real reason to have one at least from what i know is to have a child and reproduce along with cleaning out a part of the body that is made for reproduction. I never really liked kids, never had that maternal kickwhen i saw a baby or young child. Infact when i was kid i was secluded than ever in my life. I don't want kids, so i dont see the reasoning to have it. My doctors say i am to young and niave to not want kids. My parents say i need to keep it so i came have children. And so on and so on. All the research i've donw kinda leads me back to "why loose your period then you cant have kids and that would be horrible!". So is there any advice here, i kinda wanna get rid of it but cant really find a solution, and if it's a surgery pill of something i just wanna know there is something out there.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling misunderstood by your doctors and parents. It sounds like it can be frustrating when others aren't taking the decisions you want to make about your body seriously. The decision to have children is a very personal one, and ultimately your right. If you haven't already done so, now would be an appropriate time to speak to your parents about making an appointment with a gynecologist. A gynecologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the health of the female reproductive system. A gynecologist may be able to give you more information about certain types of birth control that can delay or prevent your period from occurring. For more information about your first appointment with a gynecologist and how certain types of birth control can affect your period, you can check out these links:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/womens...pointment.aspx
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...l/art-20045136

I'm really glad you reached out to get more support! You can contact us by call or text 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X