I'm fat and ugly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fat and ugly

Everyone at school thinks I'm not popular and i don't really have a lot of friends. In 3rd grade I had to medically take steroids because I had this rare disease called itp and that was the only way to cure it. pretty much the steroids gave me A LOT of food cravings. In 3rd grade I got so fat that I was considered overweight at the doctor's and at school. I never exactly lost all the weight and I'm really insecure about my arms and legs and people still call me fat. I am currently in a deep depression and getting therapy but it doesn't really help me that much cause there has only been 1 session. I have a boyfriend but he met this skinny and pretty girl and now he won't even talk to me. what do i do?

First of all, let's change the name of your post. Thinking you are "fat and ugly" isn't a healthy state of mind for you to be in. Change the word "fat" to healthy. If there is a need to lose weight, it may be to be healthier, and ugly is just a negative way to think of yourself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even if you don't think your attractive (which shouldn't be) there are people out there that will think you're pretty. You really should look at a book about self-esteem or self-confidence because the way you're thinking about yourself isn't healthy. You also should stick with your therapy because it takes more than 1 session to work. It takes some time. If you and your doctor feel you need to lose some weight, ask him healthy ways for you to do it. Eat real foods, avoid processed food and sugar. Lots of fruits and vegetables and lean proteins. Exercise regularly and you'll start to see some results hopefully. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228 and best wishes!

Comment

I hate my appearance. I am 100 pounds and I am in 7th grade. I am extremely ugly. My parents say I am fat and I have asthma but my mom won't get me inhalers so when I do exercise I can't breathe. And so my only option I can come across is to stop eating a lot. I feel trapped.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear how unhappy you are with yourself. That is also very mean of your parents to say that you are "fat".

I am going to quote above because it is great words of wisdom- "Thinking you are "fat and ugly" isn't a healthy state of mind for you to be in. Change the word "fat" to healthy. If there is a need to lose weight, it may be to be healthier, and ugly is just a negative way to think of yourself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even if you don't think your attractive (which shouldn't be) there are people out there that will think you're pretty. You really should look at a book about self-esteem or self-confidence because the way you're thinking about yourself isn't healthy." These are definitely great words to think about and very true!

Maybe you should try going to your school nurse about your asthma and start there to see if she can help or even talk to your parents about it? Call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline anytime to talk further. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X