TrackI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackI

im a freshman and have been doing track all year I've gotten a varsity letter and I work hard. However a lot of pressure is placed on me. I put a lot of pressure on myself and it's horrible I cry after meets where I don't pr(personal record)

First of all, making varsity as a freshman is a huge personal record in itself! You have to practice not being so hard on yourself. You have many years ahead of you if you decide to continue track throughout high school. You are not always going to beat your record but that still doesn't mean that you haven't tried your best. You should try looking at the situation not from a win-lose standpoint but from a win-learn standpoint. This way when you don't beat your pr then instead of crying and stressing yourself out because you feel like you have lost, you should turn it around and say to yourself "what can I learn from this meet, what is something I can do different next time, etc." Also, you should be having fun with the sport- you don't want to start hating track because all your focusing on is not meeting your pr. The next time you don't meet your pr take some deep breaths and talk yourself down focusing on the positive and what you can learn. If you would like to discuss this further please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Stay positive!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X