Too Scared To Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Scared To Talk

I had my sports physical today and had to take the "depression checklist", as given to teens my age. Even though I have been seriously considering suicide and self harm, I lied on the form.. I don't want people to judge me because I'm sad, and I don't want to hurt them. My family is very open with me and assures me that I can talk to them at any time, but i am much too scared to tell them how I feel. I once even tried calling you, but I had to hang up before someone received the call. How can I get help without people thinking I'm weak or insane??

I can understand feeling scared to open up to people we care about. I have to mention, if you feel that you are in danger to yourself please do not hesitate to call 911 or the suicide prevention lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255. Sometimes it becomes easier to talk about depression and suicidal thoughts when you decide to tell just one person. It's great that you have a family that wants you to be open with them, but you might have to take the first step. You can always call us and discuss the situation with us or maybe go over ways to approach your parents. This is a nonjudgmental helpline and believe me we do not think you are weak or insane. We think you are strong and brave for coming forward to get help, because many people are unable to do that. We want to help in anyway that we can, so if you want to continue the conversation here on the message board you can or give 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline a call anytime at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM at 908-280-0235!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X