Summer Camp Blues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Camp Blues

I think i have depression, but I've never talked to a doctor about it. I think about suicide quite often. It started in February, and has gone on since. I go to a sleep away camp for three weeks every summer, and I'm always happier there. The thing is, they don't allow anyone with depression or self-harm issues to attend. The administration doesn't know that I've been feeling depressed, and I'm afraid my counselors are going to figure it out (they seem to know everything just by looking at you.) I really love my camp and have made tons of amazing friends there. How can I hide my issues?

I am glad that you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. I'm sorry to hear how down you’ve been feeling. Remember if you are having thoughts of suicide or believe that you might attempt suicide contact 911 right away or call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 800 273 8255 to talk about these thoughts. By reaching out to us you have already shown, that even if you can't realize it now, you do want to help and to talk about it. Ignoring or hiding your feeling of depression is not going to make you any better. Depression and anxiety can be very hard to deal with at times, but please know that you are not alone. Maybe you need to try using coping skills to help with how you are feeling, such as listening to music, joining an activity you love, exercise, listen to music, or draw just to name a few. Another beneficial tool is to write your thoughts in a journal, but as you write think of the positive things in your life as well.
    Remember there is help out there for you! Is there someone that you confide in about your feelings? Do you have a trusted friend, parent, sibling, aunt or uncle? Please reach out to someone that you trust today to get help from a professional or you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime, we are here 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or text us everyday 4-8PM at 908-280-0235, we want to help!! You don't have to go through this alone!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X