Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying!

Dear 2ndFloor,

I'm in 7th grade and I've been trying to lose weight since September now. I was on a diet and exercising, and then my Grandpa passed, and I kinda let go of the diet. Then, a month or so later, I started it up again, and my Aunt passed too! This made me let go again. I was starting to be ok with my body but yesterday, my friend at lunch goes (out of no where) "Oh my gosh you're so fat. Maybe you should follow the ******* serving size. When you grow up and start dying of obesity don't come crawling to me" I want to start it again because I'm planning on trying out for my school basketball team next year, and all the other girls on the team are super skinny. How can I get back on track and not lose it again?

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa and aunt. A loved one passing would definitely throw off a routine or schedule. Also your friend could have commented in a much nicer way! You didn't mention as to whether or not how much that hurt your feelings but if it did I would be honest with your friend about it so that doesn't happen again. It is easy to get back on track once you commit and stick to it. All you have to do is get back to healthy eating and make an exercise routine again. Maybe it will be helpful to write down a plan so you have a visual to remind and motivate you. It could also be helpful to set goals and a timeline to meet these goals. If you have a smart phone there are plenty of free apps you can search to help you keep track. You also mentioned that you want to try out for your school's basketball team so this is a great motivator! Hang pictures up in your room about basketball to remind you too! If you would like to talk about this further please call us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us on Fridays from 4pm-8pm at 908-280-0235. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X