I don’t know if I’m okay…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know if I’m okay…

I’ve been slowly falling into my own head and obsessing over normal stuff. I think I have attachment issues, I can’t even let go of an old couch because I’m too attached to it. I cry every night over my fears, my age, and my (actually good) life. It’s so weird.

I also daydream so much that it gets in the way of my studies. And my daydreams aren’t even pleasant anymore. I daydream about my worst nightmares now. My coping skills have turned into my biggest fears. Is this normal?

Glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety over life changes and school pressure, this is a very normal reaction to things that you have described. You are not alone is all I mean, when life is complicated and often times it is (but in a good way too) everyone feels overwhelmed, cant alway focus and worries. To cope with anxiety there are many tools and coping mechanisms that you can put into practice. Some examples are deep breathing exercises, meditation, exercise, making sure you get good sleep and eating, watch a funny movie, journal. Sometimes it can help to just vent to a trusted person or parents to feel better. If you feel that it is too overwhelming then getting mental health counseling is something to look into. Here is a resource https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us/mental-health-101/ that offers coping mechanisms. If you want to chat again you can call or text 2NFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hi! I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Know that you are heard and you are not alone. I find in times where I am really overwhelmed that doing something I truly enjoy calms me down. Even if it is just watching my favorite Netflix show, reading a book, or treating myself to my favorite meal or coffee. Finding little things each day that relaxes my nerves truly helps me. You can do this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X