is this normal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal?

sometimes, i think about what would happen if i died or killed myself like as a rhetorical "what if" question. i know that i shouldn't suicide and i don't want to die but i still think about it. i know that my parents would freak if i asked for a counselor and refuse. is this normal to think like this?

It's not abnormal to think about what the world would be like if you weren't around anymore, how people would react, what would your death change and things like that. And keep in mind there is a difference between wondering rhetorically what the world would be like if you were deceased and actually wanting to be dead and acting out on it. While it can still be uncomfortable to think this way, it is very different than actually wanting to die and being willing to take steps to do it. Hopefully you understand the difference and should your thoughts ever change or slip into you are actually having thought about hurting yourself vs. wondering what would happen if you were dead, you should reach out for help to an organization like the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK or even if your non-harmful thoughts begin to become overwhelming for you, you could still reach out for help. You can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

You can also contact 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. You can call and text. There is someone ready to help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X