Social media stresses me out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social media stresses me out

So I am on vecation in my hometown and it's such a big deal to me. Every trip I take within this vecation, my cousins and I take lovely pictures that reflect our reunion and the memories we are making. I get so stressed out about posting on facebook and instagram, as I feel like I have people who I want them to know what I am up to. But the same time, I get so stressed about what to post, how much to post and if I am posting to much. It does sound superficial, but I do believe it is rooted in my anxieties like fear of missing out or the fact that I don't have much friends back where I live and want them to know I have roots and that I am not that quiet person with no life that I've been bullied about., Like I get so unusually stressed.

Sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety about posting on social media and if that is what a lot of your stress stems from then don’t do it. It’s not worth triggering the anxiety you feel about fear of missing out or how many people will view your social media. Life is about living and it sounds like you are excited about making memories with your cousin. Those memories are what matters and yes of course if you can get to a space that you don’t get anxiety about posting then do it. But until then, just enjoy your summer with your cousin and family in your home town. If you are being bullied ever again reach out to. Professional at school too so that can get addressed. I hope this helped and if you want to talk about this or anything text or call 2NDFLOOR at 1888-222-2228 anytime.

Comment

Cherish the memories that you are making with your family and try not to think about social media for the time. Do what you feel comfortable with, because at the end of the day it is your social media page. Try not to let others influence your decisions and post as much or little as you please. If your anxiety starts again, try talking to a friend or family member. You can even try some meditation or some other relaxation techniques.

Comment

I, like you, used to stress over my social media presence. I found myself having so much anxiety trying to create the "perfect post." It wasn't until I realized, half of the people on my feed don't care and my friends also don't care how perfect my post is. Now I post whenever I want, whether it is once a year or three times a month. I think it is important to keep those that you care about updated on your life, but not to let it ruin the fun of social media! Maybe use the "close friends" feature on instagram so you can post for the ones you want to see, and not have to stress about what you post or how much you post!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X