does it ever get better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does it ever get better?

i thought i've been getting better. i take my meds i've been smiling more. ive been getting out my comfort zone. yet i still feel empty. my boyfriend told me im overwhelming him and that really hurt. he's been telling me i haven't been doing enough or trust him. and it hurts he thinks he's the only one who's making effort to change. i feel defeated. does it ever actually get better? i don't know what to do anymore.

Does it ever get better? Yes it does, and if you think about it, it sounds like it has been. Smiling more, getting out of your comfort zone, these are great things. Getting better doesn't happen overnight and it also doesn't mean there won't be any set backs or issues moving forward. You've experienced some small steps, so appreciate them. Continue to work on the things that you think you need help with and you'll likely see improvements in them over time as well. You can't control how your bf feels, but you can remind him of the steps you have taken so far to change and things you can keep doing to work on yourself. So yes, it does get better, just not overnight and there will still be things that come up that hurt from time to time, but keep working on yourself and improving you. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Getting to a better place often feels like a rollercoaster with a lot of ups and downs, but that doesn't mean that you aren't making progress. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is already a huge accomplishment and takes a lot of courage. It might be a good idea to express to your boyfriend how his words make you feel because you are putting in effort and he might not see it. It truly does get better, but it's not always going to feel better and that's okay.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X