Anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety

I don’t know if it’s just me but I have been struggling I am currently in group therapy but it’s so uncomfortable. What should I do?

Thank you for reaching out. If you are uncomfortable in group therapy what about trying individual therapy first? Also, it could take some time to get used to if you haven’t been in it long. If you would like to talk about this further please call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I have suicidal thoughts and I don’t feel like myself what should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I have suicidal thoughts and I don’t feel like myself what should I do?
        Hello. It is very brave of you to reach out on this forum. First off, know that many people have these thoughts. You are not alone in feeling this way. Also, remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know it's cliche, but things really do get better. I would ask yourself if there is anything in your life in particular that is making you have these thoughts and see if there is a way you can find a solution to these issues. If you feel comfortable, I would suggest confiding in a friend, family member, or a teacher if you have particular things that are bothering you. A therapist or a school counselor are also great resources to reach out to and their purpose is to help you so I hope you wouldn't feel ashamed going to them. Having a good support system can really provide you with people that will listen and empathize with you, which can result in a decrease in these thoughts.

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline (800-273-8255) is a resource that provides 24/7 free and confidential support for those in distress or in a crisis. There is also a Crisis Text Line that you can text (if you feel more comfortable texting than calling) where you can connect with a crisis counselor at any time (Text HOME to 741741). There are also many support groups and group therapy sessions with people who are dealing with the same thoughts and feelings as you. You can find them online, through your school or job, or through resources in the community.

Please remember that you are loved and you are worthy of life. Hang in there!

Comment

I don’t know if it’s just me but I have been struggling I am currently in group therapy but it’s so uncomfortable. What should I do?
          I think you should try anonymous therapy such as BetterHelp or one-on-one counseling. It would be a lot more private and a lot more comfortable for you!

Comment

I feel like I am never fully in wherever I am and I don't want to feel like that. It feels like I am locking myself out of being able to fully experience what I am doing, like watching what is happening through a big window. I hate it.

Comment

I feel like I am never fully in wherever I am and I don't want to feel like that. It feels like I am locking myself out of being able to fully experience what I am doing, like watching what is happening through a big window. I hate it.
              I am glad that you shared how you are feeling. You could try talking to someone you trust about this to see what their opinion is. Whenever I feel troubled I always go to a close friend of mine to discuss my problems with them. If that doesn't help maybe looking to speak to a therapist might be worth a shot.

Comment

I have some anxiety
                But I going to do deep breath exercise

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                Working...
                X