I don't know how to ask for the help I need, someone please help me out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how to ask for the help I need, someone please help me out

I haven't been on this site in a year which is a good thing I guess but now I feel like I'm going backwards in my recovery and I dont know how to ask my mom for the next level of help I could get. I've been to so many therapists and it hasn't helped me in the long run, I feel like me doing an inpatient program would be helpful, but my mom thinks I see it as a "vacation" so I cant ask her but I dont want to get back into old habits from last year, I dont know how to ask her for the help I feel I need without her thinking I have an ulterior motive but I dont want her to waste money we dont have on therapy when I know nothing will change and I'm so drained of my energy living at home. I don't know what to do anymore, I just want help as I go because I'm so tired.

Maybe you could try looking at it like therapy was helpful for a certain time and now it's time for a re-up. Kind of the same way you could take a car in to be fixed and it runs great for awhile, but then at some point you need tune ups and oil changes in order to keep it going well. The fact that you haven't needed us for a year does say that therapy does work for you, but you might just need a little booster to get back to where you were. As far as your Mom, it sounds like although you aren't looking forward to it, you do need to bring her in on what's going on. Try not to let her feelings impact you because you know your true motivations for asking for help, even if she doesn't believe you or think you have ulterior motives. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X