waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waste of time

I'm about to go off. I would rather project my shit on here as opposed to inappropriate places.

I understand the deal -- trust me. I understand that sometimes people are not on the same wavelength as you and therefore friendships don't develop. There's nothing wrong with them or me. I get that. Please don't preach this premise to me because I understand. I'm in a sorority, and I want to disaffiliate. Why the fuck are these girls who never even bother to connect with me, when I consistently text them and ask how they're doing and they never bother to do the same, my sisters? Why should I interact with you? I'm a premed student, I have a business to take care of, I am very busy. I don't give my time for just anyone, yet that's expected to be happening by being part of this group WITHOUT GETTING ANYTHING BACK IN RETURN AACCEPT FOR STRESS, HEADACHE AND TRIGGERS.

Understand my frustration is that sororities are VERY time and energy consuming. I come from an Arab background. Our cultural definition of friendship is different. This... this is too shallow for me to consisntely be occupied with it. It's not worth my time.

This is NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED. Sororities are known to establish friendships where you can hangout. You're telling me I'm in a sorority where all 60+ girls are """"""busy"""""" for a whole fucking summer, THEN they go and meet up with their family lines when I in fact have expressed interest in hanging out and told them to let me know, and you still insist that big and little relationship is nothing (as I don't really like my family line) --- like no piss off.

Oh and the annoying part is when you go to express this to the president, they fucking deny it with all the wonderful aspects of sorority, that you haven't yet experience. Like no fuck off.

I'm so fucking mad

hi there, thanks for reaching out to 2ndfloor. we are glad that you utilized this space to vent your feelings. hope you feel some relief after typing that all out! this whole situation sounds totally frustrating and you seem really disappointed in how sorority life is going as well as having your feelings invalidated by the president. your feelings are valid, and you make some really good points. what will be your next move? feel free to respond on the message board, or to call/text 888-222-2228, at anytime if you need to discuss this further.

Comment

This really didn't help me...

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't find that response helpful. You were provided a safe space to vent, validated your feelings and frustrations with your situation, asked you for additional information and provided you with information to reach out if you needed to vent more or talk further about the topic. If there is additional help you require, feel free to contact the number provided via call or text and we would be happy to help you in any way we can. In case you need a reminder, the number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

UMM no... literally look at every other response from other counselors. Everyone else expands, adds their two-cents and insights, but this one was bland. But it's okay, in couple days I will copy and paste it for another counselor who is helpful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X