Help writing email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help writing email

So last yr, speaking like prior to covid, I have submitted my application with completed references to volunteer with rescue squad. Then covid came... and I also fell into deep depression and obviously I no longer kept up with it when they resumed the process and never answered their messages. Flash forward to present; I emailed the same person asking if they have my references and app on file;their email was rather brief saying something like..." here's this application, fill it out again", so I guess NO they don't have it on file again??? I wanted to ask if I have to redo the references again, hoping that it's a no because I felt like it was a waste of references from last yr 😔 and it's so hard to ask for references when I want to do like a lot of things but I don't know who's willing to be my references and have been rejected in the past. I don't know... please help me feel at ease.

Yes, if they are asking you to redo your application and they don't have it on file, it is likely they don't have your references either so yes you will have to redo them. Yes, it can be a pain, but people have the ability to say no if they don't want to, so if they agree to do it, you don't have to feel like you are putting them out. Another thing you can do is ask them to write a generic reference letter that you can keep copies of and send to any jobs you apply for. Good luck with the job and you can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

It's okay to take your time and brainstorm your next steps. There will be many who will be willing to be references, so the best bet is to find those and concentrate on them! Professors do want to help their students!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X