Phone call anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone call anxiety

Hello, so title basically says it all. I am trying to look for jobs, etc. and I have a crap load of phone calls to make, like tell me about yourself and why you chose us etc. kind of a thing. I'm really awkward and become very socially anxious. Like in real life, you can see someone's body language, face, etc. and these awkwardness can just pass, but through phone call it's so magnified as that's all you have. I'm panicking and I'm so anxious, but I so desperately want a job. If I call 2nd floor, can I practice as role-play?

Also, sometimes a position is entry level job, and they aren't really asking for specific qualitifation. So when they ask me over the phone if I have this qualification, it sounds horrible to say I don't, but I don't want to deny the limit I have in this field and that I am hoping to learn. Like I don't know how to word this. Like yes I have experience working with kids in camp, and crisis lines, etc. But I haven't had experience directly with specifial needs, and that's what the job is but it's an entry job yet again. Help?

So a lot of people have phone call anxiety so you aren't alone, but that doesn't make it any easier for you specifically to deal with. So first off, yes, you can call 2NDFLOOR and ask to role play a job interview. Secondly, if there is a portion of a job you don't have specific experience with and the interviewer asks you about it, you can say things like "I've never dealt with that specifically, but I've dealt with similar things" "I've never dealt with that specifically but it doesn't sound like something I would have any trouble learning to do" or "That's not something I've dealt with but I think I'm capable of doing it." Just something to be honest and yet still let them know that you're capable. Looking forward to hearing from you at 888-222-2228.

Comment

It is very common to feel anxious when making phone calls and interviewing for jobs. I think practicing these conversations via role play is an awesome idea! This can definitely help you feel more comfortable and improve your confidence when it comes to having these conversations. Another suggestion I have would be writing down some key words and phrases that you want to include in the phone call. For example, you can write down a basic introduction about yourself in advance, and then refer to it when they ask you about yourself. You can also write down some facts about your past experiences and skills in order to spark your memory when you are asked other questions. Sometimes when you get nervous in the moment, it is more difficult to think of what you want to say. Preparing for certain general questions in advance can be a huge help and make you feel more confident in your responses. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X