It makes me feel left behind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes me feel left behind

Hello. I know this is pretty lame but it triggers deep wound which is why it hurts; I struggle a lot with feeling abandoned, because I went through soo much trauma, and sense of connection has healed me so much that I feel as though if lose it, I'll go back to this really isolated place again.

Anywho, I'm really sensitive. It bothers me so much when former teachers don't accept my request on facebook. HEADS UP: I know you might say that boundaries, etc. it might be that they don't want students for former students in their personal circle, but what's the confusing thing is: THEY HAVE SO MANY OTHER FORMER STUDENTS from the same grade and they seem to be constantly in contact. If they didn't have my friends on there, I woudn't think twice. But they've accepted other peer's request. Like I know these are teachers who above hundreds of other teachers, were the most closest to me and knew me in such meaningful ways. Ya see what's bothering me?

That's why it just makes me question as to why are they let in the circle, but I'm not? When we did have a connection? And even worse, I feel like the fortgot me, and if you're questioning why that matters to me, it's because at some point in my school life as still a school teen, I had to rely on so many of them for support when I was disconnected from the adults in my personal life.

So usually, through facebook, I've been able to remain in contact long after gradauting, and with so many other teachers or mentors, it automically makes me feel connected, to the mentor like relationship we had (within boundaries). I just wanted a consistent contact, like through facebook, because it helped me maintain relationships with former peers, mentors, and even some teachers who (a) felt comfortable and (b) I deeply connected with.

How do I not take this too personal? I'd like to feel a little more calmer reading your response, because my abandonment wounds have been activated the whole week, so I'm not surprised I'm overthinking this after a long time.

Hey there! Glad you reached out to us sometimes it just feels good to vent about your feelings. I understand that you could feel confused about teachers who connect to other students aren’t connecting to you but sometimes life is just not the fare. Instead of thinking bad about yourself switch the thought process to be positive by telling yourself you don’t want to talk to people who don’t want to talk to you! It really is how life is and it’s a learning experience and how it happens sometimes so just hold your head up and move on! Try your best not to look for outside validation form others to feel good about yourself emotionally and yes of course feeling validated is what makes people feel heard BUT by people who are in your life not distant peoples or past relationships with people. Try to focus on you and what your goals are and who is in your life. Appreciate and practice some gratitude lists daily it can truly change your outlook, https://positivepsychology.com/neuro...-of-gratitude/. Check out this article about it! Hope you have a great day and feel free to contact us anytime by text or calling at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X