Trying to find the right hobby...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find the right hobby...

I have always been interested in Ice Skating. My Mother use to teach me it, when she passed away I felt alone trapped and scared. That was 8 years ago... Now, I still want to live up to my dream of being a Figure Skater, I have already done Gymnastics for almost 9 years, I quit a couple years back trying to find what would best suit me. My Grandparents won't pay for Ice lessons because it's a lot of money, I'm trying my best knowing I'm going to be a self taught. Yes, I know that Ice Skating comes with a lot of falls injury's and much much more, but I'm not that person to stop motivating myself. I've always been the person to push myself in sports. I can do Soccer, Roller Skating, Baseball, Basketball, Bike riding, Swimming, Skateboarding, Gymnastics and dance, but I love love love Figure Skating for some reason. What would you do in my situation?

I am sorry that you lost your mother. You do have family that cares about you, it sounds like your grandparents are taking good care of you. It is unfortunate that they cannot afford to help you with ice skating lessons because of the cost. Have you reached out to local rinks? Maybe you can get a discounted fee if you explain your situation. I am not sure how old you are but maybe at some point you can get a job to help pay for some of the costs or a job at a rink would be perfect. It is great that you have a dream, you should try a few of my suggestions and don't give up. If you have any more questions, please reach out to 2NDFLOOR at any time through message board, text or phone. Our number is 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that your mother passed. It is important to have hobbies, especially during times of stress and/or sadness. It is great that you are so motivated with figure skating. I agree with the moderator, that you could seek out rinks that might have cheaper options, or try to find part time work to help with the expenses. If it's something you love, don't give up! You can do this

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X