Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to own up to a mistake you know you made?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to own up to a mistake you know you made?

Hi 2nd floor. I've been texting the helpline a lot lately but I just- idk. I'm still freaking out. I keep going in and out of this loop of thinking I can finally forgive myself and then I spiral back into thinking I am a bad person who needs to be called out/I need to distance myself from everyone I care about so they dont see the horrible person that I am argh. I don't even think I hurt anyone that horribly, but I know that my words and actions are not acceptable. I just want to make things right. I've apologized and the apology has been accepted. I just. Don't know what to do with myself now. I keep getting this strong desire to hurt myself but I know I wont go through with anything. My favorite piece of media has been tainted because of all of this and it has brought me so much comfort over the past six years and it really hurts to feel it slipping away. I just dont know what to do. I feel really alone even though so many people are here to support me.

I am sorry you are going through this. I would recommend speaking to a therapist because it seems like you are going through a lot and could use some support. Whatever happened it seems like you were forgiven but you need to find a way to forgive yourself. If you feel like you want to hurt yourself, you can absolutely get in touch with 2ndfloor but here are some other resources too.
    (800) DONTCUT
    366-8288
    www.selfinjury.com I am not sure if you are talking about self-injury but this is a good resource.
    Please reach out to 2ndfloor anytime if you would like to discuss this further. We are available by text or phone. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X