:(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :(

Im so upset I really wish I had a tangible support person in my life who does care about me and check up on me. Do you know how when they ask you to put down emergency phone numbers? My parents aren't really ... "mentally there". My teacher from senior year, now Im a soph at college, had offered her phone number and wawnted to bridge that support after I graduate. We haven't stayed in touch since Dec. Im wondering if it;s okay to put her down? Or if she even would be open to that?

I wish I had a family that can be in that place to care for me. What do I do?

Sorry to hear that you feel unsupported that must be hard. Hang in there, families can be challenging and you don't alway end up with what you want or need, the only thing you can do it is to understand that you can't change that but you can accept it by knowing you have the power to do what is healthy for you moving forward in life. If you want to put your teacher down as an emergency contact it would be best to talk to her first just to make sure, by email or phone if possible. You can try reaching out to the mental health department at your college regardless if you are not on campus and try to get some support. She what they offer you being a student. if you have a job or are under your parents insurance reach out to for a therapist, here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares @ https://www.njmentalhealthcares.org and 877-294-HELP (4357). They can give you a list of providers in your area. I hope these resources help you and if you ever want to talk we are always here at 888-222-2228 24/7 by phone or text.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X