Such Lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such Lies

Hello. I didn't think I'd be using such forum, yet here I am.
    So many people say that there are people out there who are willing to help, and actually care -- and so many resources to tap into, yet when it comes to me and as alienated as I am as is, nobody really is willing to help me. It's so hypocritical of me to say this when I am myself a hotline counselor volunteer and been so for a while, and should no matter, yet I just can't seem to see the "help and support" that people claim exists. For one, in my textline service that I volunteer at, I keep wondering if there's anyone there willing to be of a support, someone that will listen to me with my own identity (meaning not as a person texting in)-- but I don't know if that's possible or how to reach out to my own community or peers. I don't feel like anyone will want to "support" me. The service by the way is Crisis Textline P.S and I don't want it to affect my professionality -- but I am needing support myself and it's a bit weird for me to be on the other side now; the "helpee".

Glad you reached out to us. It is okay for you to want or need help sometimes so don't be so hard on yourself. Needing guidance or needing to vent about stressors is a natural part of life and yes I get that some situations can be more challenging than others, but at the end of the day we all need support. Sounds like maybe you have some stuff weighing on your mind and it would benefit you to reach out to talk to someone. Have you ever tried to talk to a counselor yourself? therapist? Here is a number to NJ Mental Health Cares, they can provide you with a list of therapists in your county that you could try to call, https://www.njmentalhealthcares.org and 877-294-HELP (4357). It also can be helpful to use some copings skills you just have to find what helps you, some people exercise, meditate, listen to music, watch or listen to something funny, cook, volunteer, journal, draw, clean, deep breathing, get enough sleep, practice gratitude daily, etc. Here is a link with some tips for coping @ https://adaa.org/tips....I hope these tools help you. Listen, I get that it is easier said than done to put these tools into practice but it also is empowering when you start to see how they help. If you need to talk about this or anything, please reach out to us by phone or text at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7. Just know too, that you are not alone and there is help out there and sometimes it can just be hard to see that when you are feeling overwhelmed or down but it is okay to not be okay all the time too. Again, don't hesitate to reach out to 2NDFLOOR if you want to talk.

Comment

Yes I do speak with a therapist, but keep in mind that it's important to have support outside of therapy, and therapy just avery limited time. Secondly, I have amazing coping skills, and that's what's keeping me going... but it's not "doing it"... because simply it's not what I need at the moment. I have a sense you're missing the point of the post: though i completely appreciate all your feedback and see where you're coming from. It's obvious I am feeling let down by everyone, and I know you said that it's part of life to want to vent to others and that there is help out there but I will turn that back into a question and say "where?".... that is the problem here and the point of the post is that if people weren't so hypocritical and shut you down the minute you do reach out, then it wouldn't be such a problem. The dean at college told me she is there to support me -- okay thanks... to everyone, it seems like she is doing such a service. But wait a minute, she is refusing to accept the type of help that best suits me, such as allowing me to see the counselor at school I connected with rather than someone I don't like. See? Saying I support you isn't enough, it's what you are actually doing that is deemed as helpful.

Comment

You are right, it is important to have support outside of therapy, however please do remember that each support has a different limit on what they can actually do to provide for you. So there may not be one support that can help with everything you need which is why it is always good to have a "team" so to speak. Speaking to the therapist may be more of the heavier topics where friends may be more social topics, the dean may be more educational, etc. Using them within their realm should help you and if not then try to find someone else to cover that realm. If you would like to talk about this or anything else further please reach out to 2NDFLOOR any time 24/7 at 1(888)222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X