Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I moved and realized I'm neighbors with a former teacher?!??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I moved and realized I'm neighbors with a former teacher?!??

Hello. So recently, I have just moved to a nearby town and my family brought a new home. Then I realize that my teacher is literally down the road. It feels wierd because my parents are very ya know, I dont know if all parents are like that, but they ENCOURAGE neighbor interactions. Like in my old house, all neighbors interacted and knew each other really well and it was tight knit. My parents and family are like, omg I met this new person already, that's the story of their lives blah blah. And since that teacher is really close, its going to feel really awkward my dad be like "Well today I introduced myself to so and so", not knowing they were my teacher. Idk its wierd. Then I realize they are going to be standing in the same bus stop, like wth.

You're right, it's probably going to be awkward at first and that's tough. If it makes you feel any better, your teacher might even feel a little awkward too! Given that your parents are very social and become tight-knit with neighbors it's likely they'll find out who your teacher is, so you might want to mentally prepare for that. The good news is your teacher will probably only be your teacher for one year, which is a lot shorter than you'll have them as a neighbor. It's quite possible the awkwardness will fade and you'll feel more comfortable with time. It might be helpful to talk to your parents about your feelings so they can support you with this new transition and all the discoveries that come along with it. We're here 24/7 so feel free to reach out to us via call/text whenever you need! Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X