quarentine mentality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quarentine mentality

I’m stressed. I’m stressed about everything. I’ve been this way since I was in middle school and now, because of quarantine it’s getting harder and harder to hide. I’m stressed about my toxic relationship with my father, with its mediocre highs and very low lows. I’m stressed about my senior year. How many experiences am I going to lose from this? Will I be able to actually have fun in the classes i’m taking? or will they all just be online and boring? Having a dumbass quarentine fling and god knows where that is gonna go. Is that toxic? Should I just leave it alone? I’ve got my drivers test next week (finally) and I’m having a nervous breakdown because I can’t parallel park. All of this is crammed inside my head as an excuse for stress, but the problem is, i’ve been this way for years. I always come up with some excuse to fuel the stress. Some excuse to explain why i’m not feeling fine. Why I can’t sleep. Why my thoughts keep me up at night. Avoiding it is bad but they’re always just THERE. You know what’s the sucky thing is? Okay, I just got all this out- but tomorrow it’s gonna be something else. And the next day. And the day after that. I just want figure out a way to make the saddles go away. BELIEVE ME. I am not suicidal and I would never consider to take my life. Never. But if there was just some opportunity to lighten this annoying weight on my shoulders I would very much appreciate it.

You are not alone feeling isolated and anxious because of the pandemic. Changes can be scary and cause anxiety especially because there is so much that is uncertain right now, but change can also be great and exciting, all how you perceive it. Try to practice some coping skills, during this time whatever works for you. Such as watching something funny, starting an exercise routine, journal, listen to music, play a game, vent to trusted people in your life, etc. Again whatever you find can help you most. Coping skills are tools that are helpful to navigate the ups and downs in life which are inevitable for everyone. Here is a link with some tools for coping at https://adaa.org/tips . Another helpful tool is to also practice gratitude every morning, remember someone can always have it worse than you. Here is an article that talks about how gratitude changes your brain and can help you be happy https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...and_your_brain. Lastly, I would encourage you to talk to a therapist, talk to your parents and try to reach out to someone. Professionals are still doing sessions through telemedicine and it surely can benefit you. If you need to chat please text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X