depression is ruining my life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• depression is ruining my life

ive been struggling with depression for the past few years of my life, but lately its gotten much worse. i have a therapist and i have lots of love and support from my family and i have a few really kind friends and i always try to reach out when i need help, but lately its been so hard. i dont even want to get out of bed anymore, even when i do have things i should be looking forward to. its starting tobe unbearable. for the past few months ive really been pushing myself to try my best and get through every day. i try to take each day at a time and try not think ahead or else ill trigger my anxiety. i know how i should be dealing with my emotions and myself but every week its getting harder and harder and im reaching a point where i dont know how much longer i can continue. im too scared to kill myself and i dont even know how i would do it, but i am so sick of life and i really just dont want to do this anymore. ive been trying so hard but im just so burned out. i feel alone and hopeless. i desperately need a break from everything but i just cant take a break. please help, i really just dont know what i can do.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling hopeless and alone. Just know that you are not alone, there is support and help for you! I do have to say that if you are feeling like you want to hurt yourself please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255, someone can help you immediately or you can go to your local ER to have a crisis assessment where they can evaluate what help you need. I know you mentioned that you see a therapist and that is a good support for you so be sure to inform your therapist of changes that are going on with you emotionally. Continue to communicate with him or her until you have found what works for you in therapy including medication if necessary. I don't know if you practice coping skills but they can be helpful, practice gratitude lists in the morning, go for walks daily (exercise can increase serotonin which helps you feel happy), watch a funny movie or series again this can increase serotonin as well by smiling. Try to journal, listen to music or whatever your interests are...just find what works for you. Keep your head up and if you want to talk to us about this or anything you can text or call 24/7 888-222-2228. Here are links as well that you can use as a resource at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or http://www.njhopeline.com/ 1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (654-6735).

Comment

Some of the best people are the ones who know what hard work is and have been through it. I can tell your going through some stuff and when i read "burned out" it felt like mike tyson sent a hook into my stomache because i know that feeling. Youve given it all, ur mind is tired, i get it i really do cause i woke up today wishing my brain my decided too. Thats never the right energy tho and one things for sure no feeling good or bad lasts forever. Stay Strong king we got this together cause one day youll look back and laugh.

Comment

Some of the best people are the ones who know what hard work is and have been through it. I can tell your going through some stuff and when i read "burned out" it felt like mike tyson sent a hook into my stomache because i know that feeling. Youve given it all, ur mind is tired, i get it i really do cause i woke up today wishing my brain my decided too. Thats never the right energy tho and one things for sure no feeling good or bad lasts forever. Stay Strong king

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X