Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self harm in secret but wont confess

Hello. I just turned 18 like yesterday.
    I have been cutting (but very surficial, mild and I am completely in control, meaning I can just stop if I wanted to, but I wont since im good at hiding it and its not severe). If I dont do that, then i wont eat for a day, just a day, but then Ill make up for it by eating healthy from then on just to feel that hungeer pain. Now WHY THE HELL SHOULD I GET HELP IF IT WILL BE REPORTED TO MY PARENTS? THE PEOPLE THAT ABUSED ME, THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SUITED FOR THIS GET THE POWER OVER MY EMOTIONAL ISSUES WHY, WHY SHOULD THEY BE GIVEN POWER OVER THE MENTAL HEALTH? So yeah, the system sucks.

Many times people with issues like self harm, addiction or food related issues feel like they are in control and can stop whenever they want to, however this typically isn't the case. Even if you did stop cutting, if the response to that is then a negative food related issue, that's still not a great thing. The reason you should get help has nothing to do with your parents, it's actually for your own safety and well being, both physical and mental. As an adult, your parents don't have power over your mental health, you do. Take steps to reach out to people that can help, be it a mental health professional, a religious figure or maybe even start with this website to get some ideas about how to get help www.selfinjury.com and maybe start the process of getting your help there. In any case, don't feel like you are in control and try not to look at it like this is something to do for your parents, getting help is for you. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I dont want them notified. Period.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X