Pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain

When I turn 18, can I go to a psychiatrist and get prescribed meds by myself without parents knowing????

Hi there! It is great that you reached out for help on this. It is possible to go see a psychiatrist on your own because you are an adult. A reason they may know is if you are on their insurance plan. If you are not then that might be more discreet. You may want to find out first what your insurance situation is like and then take it from there. We are here 24/7 via text or phone call at 888-222-2228 if you have anymore questions.

Comment

How is the process usually done? Like what ways I can go around it in terms of finances? Like I know I cant afford to pay on my own just as I cant afford having my so called parents involved in this. I kinda feel stuck. Does it always show up in the insurance? It cant be kept private?? Uggh Im naive... and Im still learning.... but I absolutely must to do this on my own.

Comment

Hello? Any response?

Comment

If you will still be on your parents insurance then yes most likely it will show up. This will have to be a conversation with the doctor to explore your options with confidentiality. If you would like to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7.

Comment

One of my childhood friends died in June and I

Comment

Please reach out if you want to talk. You can respond to this message or text/call @ 888-222-2228.

Comment

i hate my life and no one cares.goodbye

Comment

Glad you reached out to us. Have you tried talking to a trusted person in your life about your feelings? Parent? Relative? Friend? Guidance? A professional counselor and therapist can help you navigate these feelings and allow you to learn tools to cope with sadness, so don't lose hope you are not alone. Please reach out to someone and talk today, you need to let people know how you're feeling and what you're going through. You can call or text us anytime too at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                  Working...
                  X