Is this normal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

I find myself pretending that I'm being watched by people when I'm alone. Usually it's someone I have a crush on, or someone I idolize, like a celebrity or something. They're always watching me and commenting on what I do, but it's always postive. Like they'll compliment my piano songs or my outfit or something random. I don't think this is exactly normal and I tried to talk to my mom about it but I don't think she exactly understood. I just want to know if this is something unhealthy or if I'm just making up random ways to give myself confidence.

This is totally normal and okay to do! Everyone wants people they like or admire to think highly of them, so it's completely understandable that this is something you would "daydream" about, in a sense. It sounds like you're aware that your crushes or celebrities you like aren't actually making comments about you that you can hear, so you're completely in touch with reality. It's totally healthy to still "pretend" or fantasize sometimes. It's kind of like when people think through different conversations they could have had or imagine themselves doing different things. Ultimately it seems like doing this makes you feel good, doesn't hurt anyone else, and doesn't impact your life in a negative way. So it sounds like it's perfectly okay to keep doing it! Feel free to reach out to us by call or text 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

That happens to me all of the time to! But whenever I see them or pretend to see them I always act different even though they aren't actually there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X