Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelmed by my own emotions-

Hi...
    I need to vent right now, right this second. Im so overwhelemd by my emotions that I dont know how to word them anymore in a way that others will understnad me or emptathize with me; so bear with me. I got a new therapist maybe about 6 weeks ago, and I meet once a week with her. I am not benifiting from it??? I feel like in there, i am struggling to get my words out, but she's not "getting it", like I antcipated. I wrote her a long biography about specific things about my life that needs to be unveiled, but she havent read it completely, and unitionally disregarded it for weeks. No i didnt remind her, but I will, however as her job, she is supposed to ensure to have read it to make sure she understand where Im at and why i think the way i do. I mean like today, she just asked me the same questions that I literally broke down to 5 pages that she could have really understood it if she read it, I dont know how to say it without being rude. DO you know this feeling when there's no chemistry between therapist and client? LIKE SHES AMAZING. SO much experience and SO much experitse and compassion, but I dont sense the vibe that she understands me. I want to feel it. i feel it sometimes with some people whcih raraly happens, but now that I am opening myself up, I need that sense and feels of being intimiatly understood, in which I am not. Im just not a fan of her repsonses? Like I want someone with strong reactions... facial expressions, tone of voice, conviction. This is the 5th time I change therapists in a span of 10 months, and now Im being hopeless about this whole therapy thing or if its worth it anymore. NOne of my issues are being targeted, and none of my wants and needs are being met. Yeah all my previous therapists have offered me SOMETHING, but none of them were what I was initially looking for (which was basically what I listed). My parents are becoming more and more skeptical about therapy as now it seems useless and just not working, or clicking with anymore. Like I said, yeah the expertise and compassion is there, BUT the chemistry and "click-iness" just isnt there. IT never was their with any therapists, so now this is why im growing helpless and well, hopeless. I am going to make a mini connection: So I got a tutor last year. First time. My dad kept asking me how she was and if she was the right one. I just couldn't asnwer becuase I didnt have someone else better to compare to. But then I got another tutor, and its like everything that was missing that I couldnt name at that time, was there. Does that make sense? Please tell me it does, this was really hard to put into words. Same thing with a therpaist, and Im never going to know who's the right theraist and what's feels right until it happends. uNtil i find the "RIGHT" therapist, Im going to say that OH this is what I need to heal, that may still be subconcious now. Anyways, nothjing is worse than when your last resort is not working. Therapy was the last resort. You go to a doctor to fix whatever physical issue you have, becuase seriously no one else can. BUT NOW the "proffesional" person thats supposed to "doctor you down" just isnt effective......

Glad you reached out to us to vent. So what you reference about not meshing with your therapist can happen. Sometimes it happens just like when you are getting to know a new friend, it doesn't always work. so if you want to try another one, then do it, the decision is yours. The only thing I could try to suggest is don't assume that you won't benefit from therapy and then not be surprised when it doesn't feel like it is helping. Try to be positive going into the situation, like it is going to help and I will take away something that can help me. Also, it is possible that the therapist wants you to talk and not just read what you went through, every therapist has their own approach! Therapy is for helping you help yourself and not to fix you, but with that said if you aren't feeling the relationship between you two then it is your right to move on to someone else. You have the power to do that. Good Luck! Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares at 877-294-HELP (4357), they can give you a list of local therapist in your area if you choose to go to a different one. You can text or call us anytime if you need to talk about this or anything at 888-222-2228.

Comment

"The only thing I could try to suggest is don't assume that you won't benefit from therapy and then not be surprised when it doesn't feel like it is helping."...
      i feel like youre tryng to say something really insightful, but i didnt quite understanf. Will u please rephrase?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X