self harm vs smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self harm vs smoking

Will you please explain to me whats the difference between lets say cutting vs smoking? One clearly contiain so much more harmful consquences no doubt and even death while the other one doesnt much? But why is smoking widely socially acceptable? Both can be done for pleausre to cope with the pain.

This is a great question. Although I am not really sure the answer because I think this would be a very interesting debate, I will do my best to help you. Smoking has been around for a very long time and actually started out as a social thing to do, the effects of smoking are a rather new discovery in our society. I think that is why many people believe that is socially acceptable. And while they may have the same effects as cutting, people do not really understand cutting as much. Many people in the world are uninformed about why people cut and because of this they are less understanding of those who do cut. I see what you are saying when you ask this question but I am not sure how much we can compare them because there are so many factors that go into this discussion such as addiction, mental health, physical well being etc. Physically harming yourself by cutting is a quest for coping with pain in that moment, while smoking is more long term, we don't see the effects of smoking right away while we do with cutting. I hope this helps a bit! Please reach out to us anytime by phone or text at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X