Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it trie that when I turn 18, no authority could report me about self harm action to my parents? Im asking this because I deep masochistic feelings and visualizion about self harm, but it doesnt mean its gonna spring into action. Isee a therapist, and Ive always wanyed to open up about these self harm for relief and pleasure, but if I do, she'll probably "suspect" something and notify mu parents, and thay is MY ABSOLUTE GREATEST NIGHTMARE FEAR. So??

Also, i wanted to say: I cannot speak to my councelor about my deep rooted issues (like the visualization of self harming calms me down) without the fear of her telling my parents.

Comment

So is no one going to answer??? It's been 5 days

Comment

I am glad your reached out to 2ndfloor. First of all anything you say to your therapist is kept confidential unless you say you are going to hurt yourself, someone else, or if someone is hurting you. So if you are suicidal, your therapist has to report that. Maybe when you begin the conversation with your therapist, ask her about confidentiality. I hope this clears up your question. If you need to discuss this or anything else, please reach out to 2ndfloor anytime by messageboard, text or phone. Out number is 888-222-2228 and we are available 24/7.

Comment

U literally missed my question. What if when I turn 18? They still gave to report me to mu parents

Comment

When you turn 18 you are an adult. Everything in therapy is kept confidential unless you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else. If you want more specifics about what they can and can not tell your parents you would have to ask your therapist for that, but I am sure that at the age of 18 they hold your responsible for yourself, as an adult. The importance of therapy is to be honest with them about anything to ensure the best quality care for yourself. If you would like to discuss with one of our counselors please call or text us at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7 by phone or text.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X