Molestation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molestation

Ok so I have ocd my life haven't been easy I have bads and good years good years because I pushed thro the anxiety bads year because I relap but I started therapy Nov 2016 so I been recovered from ocd and panic one year but yesterday something terrible happens out of nowhere I remenbered someone touched me my vagina when I was 5 or 6 I m 24 now I feel so scared so sad and disappointed of me Why? My brain blocked deleted that memory from me? All this years the last thing I thought happen to me when I was little was that why didn't my brain alert me and remain me on that time that it happened? I could been said something and the person could been arrested for that why my brain remain me now that been 18 years why is too late for someone to get arrested I wish he die but I don't want to kill no one I know God don' like that but since he haven't pay for it yet I wish someome kill him just saying how I feel I feel so sad and make me more sad and mad that I been recovered from panic and ocd for one year about to start the next year why my brain remain me that now why all this thoughts coming now ? And no on that time? Why this is giving me anxiety after I was already recovered from it and panics for one year why nothing can be done now my mind remain me too late it should been remain me when I was 5 that it happen so the get can get arrested no now after 18 years and plus I been recovered from ocd off an panic I dont want more problems and anxiet again how can i deal with this new cituation please help

I want to commend you for your hard work in recovery thus far! It is not uncommon for survivors of sexual abuse to uncover memories later in life, seemingly out of nowhere. It sounds like the continual processing you are doing in therapy has been helping you to cope with the complicated feelings associated with this painful memory. It's very important for you to know that experiencing this abuse was NOT YOUR FAULT. It can be helpful to have compassion for yourself as a child, as you were not responsible for what happened and were dealing with your experience as best as you could. You were the child, he was the responsible adult, and what he did was WRONG. It's completely normal and understandable that you are experiencing a flood of different emotions: fear, sadness, confusion, anger, and disappointment. You are doing something amazing for yourself by taking time to identify those feelings, reach out, and express them right now! If you are still participating in therapy, I would strongly recommend that you share your recent memory with your therapist. Your therapist can help you to process these difficult feelings and develop the tools to cope with them. Sharing your experience with people you trust, such as friends and loved ones, can also empower you to feel safer with the support of others. If you'd like to return to therapy again and need help finding a therapist, you can always check out https://www.psychologytoday.com using their search engine (you can also narrow the search to therapists who have experience working with sexual trauma). Here is a link for resources for adult survivors of sexual assault: https://www.rainn.org/national-resou...eir-loved-ones. Also, here is another link that can help you look up laws in your state related to the statute of limitations (the time limit of when you can prosecute) for sex crimes: https://apps.rainn.org/policy/. Again, I'm so glad you reached out to get some support! If you'd like to talk more, you can call or text us 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Thanks I can

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X