Grief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grief

Just a little bit about me. I'm a college student and I've been having a hard time at college. For the past 2-3 years I've had a mentor help me since I have a specific learning disability. I also have generalized anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder. I do take medication, which I take regularly. However, over Thanksgiving break, my mentor passed away from brain cancer. We were very good friends and had a lot of similar interests. I saw her everyday including weekends for long hours to help me in English, math, science,...really everything, including college life and she's just gone. I have no friends at college. I've lost my only friend and I don't know what to do. There are two weeks left in the semester and then winter break. But I can't focus in school and I feel so many mix feelings of loneliness, hate, anger, and helplessness. And I miss my friend every minute. I don't know how to continue with my grief.

I'm glad you're reaching out to us for some support today and my sincerest condolences. I could only imagine losing someone who has been of support to you is difficult. Grief is very different for everyone, everyone grieves very differently so it's ok to acknowledge and take your time with how you feel. On college campuses there are counseling services that provide grief counselors that can help during these times, remember you don't need to go through this alone and there is always help there for you. Academic advisers are helpful in speaking with professors about what you are currently going through to help with focusing on classes. We're always here 24/7 whenever you'd like some support through the phone or over text 888-222-2228, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X