Sorry for complaining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for complaining

I probably sound really stupid and this is probably just something that a lot of teenagers go through. But I recently have just been feeling very completely alone. Actually this isn't that recent, just for some reason especially now. I don't have any friends at school or anyone I talk to there. The guidance counselors don't even call me the right name or pronouns. My dad is in jail and my mom doesn't really seem to care much about anything that I do at all. I locked myself in my room and only came out at night for a month during the summer and she showed no concern. She has a meltdown when i ask if she can get me things like deodorant or hygiene products and refuses so I generally never have the things that I need. I did think I could find trust in my sister, but recently it seems like she's completely forgotten that I have anxiety problems and she doesn't care that I am scared to do things and that Im just being ridiculous. Maybe I am just being ridiculous. Idk. I don't have any other family that i can talk to and Im not religious so I don't want to talk to a pastor. I know i can call hotlines and stuff like that to maybe try to fix things but being separated from what ive always known is just scary and most of the time i think i would be better off just staying where im at rather than moved to some other place or a foster home. Because it will happen. There are more than 10 open social service cases on file for my mom about the condition of the house, abuse charges, ect. All that fun stuff. Im sorry I am just complaining and its gross i know but sometimes i just cant help it.

First, please do not ever apologize for expressing your feelings. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time, and this is not complaining at all!! We are here to help you every step of the way. Feeling alone is something that many people feel at different points in their lives. That does not make your situation any less difficult. Please know that your situation is something that raises concerns. It sounds like you are aware of this, since social services already has open cases right now. Since you have no control over what will come with that, you need to do what is best for you in this moment. If you don't already have a counselor look into seeing one ASAP. You can start by going to your school and letting them know that you would like to speak to someone. Make them aware of how you are feeling, because if they don't know they can't help. Depending on where you live there are programs where counselors go into schools or there may already be mental health counselors as part of your school system. As far as the products that your mom is not purchasing for you, try going to your school nurse. Explain to her what's going on. Often times they have extra supplies or kits that contain essentials like deodorant and hygiene products. I know that it is scary to think that you may be separated from what you have known all your life, but you sound like an extremely strong individual. Remember that you have come this far, and it seems like you have done it all by yourself! Be proud of that! If you are moved into another place of a foster home you can ask your case worker to get you services like counselor or a mentor. Please know that we at 2NDFLOOR are always here to talk to you and problem solve. Don't ever think someone will think you are complaining. This is something you should not be going through alone and we want to make sure that you don't have to. If you want to talk more you can contact 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X