relapse on cutting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relapse on cutting

hi. so tonight i cut again. i've been clean for a few months now. i feel really guilty for doing it. i feel weak, because i was doing so well without cutting. i dont have any urge to do it again. but i cant tell anyone, not even family because they arent so nice..i cant tell an adult at school or friend or anyone at all, actually. is there anything, besides telling others about it, that i can do to get over this guilty feeling? please help asap. thanks.

I am sorry to hear you relapsed. Sometimes mistakes happen and it is important to not relive that event over and over again or punish yourself for it. You expressed that you do not want to talk to anyone about your cutting, but that leaves you with no support in your life.

So since, you said you can't tell anyone at this time, here are some things you can do:
    Get a journal and write down your thoughts you have when you feel like cutting. Maybe ask yourself this question; what are you afraid would happen if you don't cut?
    Write down at least 10 things you can do instead of hurting yourself.
    Make a pact with yourself that you are going to stop hurting yourself ever day and take it day by day!

Listen, deciding to stop self-injury is a very personal decision. Remember, don't be discouraged that you relapsed at this time; you can still have control over your self-injury by choosing to stop right now. Take steps to acknowledge and change your behavior. Here are some resources online to check out, such as www.selfinjury.com or www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org, please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! We are here 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X