Sketches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketches

I havent cut myself for 2 weeks until last night. My depression is worsening. I found another outlet but i can not use it! my other outlet is drawing cut wrists, blood, and dark quotes in my sketchbook. I cant do that because my family is nosy and will end up seeing it. what do i do? I cant go to my guidance counsler because she would have to tell my mom and my mom WILL judge me if she found out. I dont have a friend to confide in either.

First All, I want to say that is great that you have not cut yourself in two weeks and you have used other coping skills It can be very difficult when you feel that you have no one that you can talk to. However, there are other coping skills that you can use when you have the urge to cut. It sound like it would be helpful for you call the 2NDFLOOR to speak one our support counselors, to explore heathier options when you have to urge to cut yourself. The 2NDFLOOR YOUTH HELPINE is open 24 hours a day, 7 days week. You can reach one of our support counselors at 1(888)222-2228.

Comment

You're not alone

The fact that you were brave enough to reach out shows that you are a very strong person. PLUS you mentioned not cutting in 2 weeks. You should really be proud of yourself, I know I sure am proud of you (and I don't even know you!) but I do understand the struggle.

Depression isn't easy to deal with. Especially when an outlet that seems to work for you tends to be something other people aren't accepting of. Branching off of that, are there any other outlets or coping skills you feel could be or have been effective? Are you willing to explore other options? If so there are a lot of different things I have found to be helpful to me in my times of distress as well as some friends who also have dealt with depression and/or other emotional struggles.

Some examples of my personal coping mechanisms are listening to music or creating my own, reading POSITIVE quotes to help get me out of my negative mindset, watching a funny video or movie to get me laughing, and exercise (even though it may be hard to find the motivation) after I am active I ALWAYS feel so much better and it is a proven fact that exercise helps both the body and the mind relax naturally! I also found drawing and painting to be helpful and when I was younger I often did a lot of "dark" pieces which helped me in the moment, even in my writing but I had a similar issue of worrying who would find my journal and poetry as well as my sketchbook. My family wasn't understanding of this being a helpful outlet either.

I will admit though, as some years have passed I can tell once I started drawing and painting more positive things that I found beauty in such as nature, and other things I enjoyed I felt much better. Not saying this works for everybody but it may be something to think about trying. Creating something which reflects positiveness, often leads to you thinking in a more positive way.
      Science shows the more frequently you think positive, the more likely it is for positive things to happen because a lot of times things are "mind over matter" as they say.

I hope some of this you find helpful, and I wish you the best of luck. Again, please know you are admired for you bravery and you aren't alone.

Last but not least, try your best to SMILE and LAUGH as much as possible it is a natural stress reducer and immune system booster to boot! Being you said you liked sketching I assume you're artistic and may appreciate this joke...

"Why was the artist afraid he might go to jail? .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .. "Because he'd been framed!" It made me giggle, I hope it got you too. Take care!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X