Overweight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight

I'm a 15 year old boy who is very active. I play a lot of sports throughout the school year because I enjoy them. But I never seem to loose weight after seasons are over. I put a lot of effort in my sports but I never can loose a couple pounds. I weight about 260 pounds but I want to be around 180. I'm 6'2 and I think it's not the right weight for my height. Sometimes i'm embarrassed to go out for wrestling or lacrosse because I'm the only fat kid there. Even though I'm really good at both sports I still think what others might say. I just want a couple tips on how I can lower my weight and have confidence for myself and not care what others think.

Thank you for reaching out for help with this! It sounds like you are incredibly active an exercise regularly, which is great for weight loss. First, for every height there is a normal weight that accompanies it. For example, someone who is shorter should weigh less than someone who is taller. Try to keep that in mind when you think about your weight in pounds. Generally speaking, if you want to lose a few pounds, it is important to do it in a healthy manner- including diet and exercise. Since you already exercise a lot, perhaps you can try eating well balanced, portioned meals. This would include eating fruits, vegetables, protein, etc. You may even find it helpful to talk to your doctor or a dietician (if possible) for help. They can both help you develop a weight-loss plan that will work for you! You also mentioned building your confidence. A great way to do that is to learn to appreciate yourself for the way you are! Everyone is different and looks different. Try reminding yourself daily of all the positive qualities about yourself that you like! Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help with this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X