very worried about grades

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very worried about grades

Hello. I have written on the forums a couple times and I just have to say thank you to everyone. I think we all have our moments where we just feel so down and sad and you helped me get through them, so thank you. Unfortunately, I am back with a smaller problem. I didn't know where to talk about it so here I am. I am a straight A (and a B+) student. Trimester 2 has ended and tomorrow we get our grades for it. I'm in 8th grade, so grades count a lot this year with going to highschool and all. My mom, who is a bio professor, really wants me to be in Honors Bio in 9th grade- she could basically teach the class, so she's not worried. Only problem is one of the requirements is taking Algebra 1 this current year. The other requirement is at least a 90% in science, which is totally achievable. I thought I had it in the bag, my mom spoke to my science teacher and she said I could easily get into Honors and everything. Then, we had this assessment, which is just a test. We don't really have tests in science at all. So, this one really counted. There were three problems on it. I did very well on the other two- however the third I just totally blanked. I misinterpreted it and pretty much got the wrong answer. A 2/3 is what I'm expecting and every way I get a 60%. That'll ruin my grade, not to mention honor roll and honors bio. It would drop my grade to a C. The lowest I've ever gotten is a B. I'm just so stressed about it. I worked so hard in science, I got an A the first marking period and it was looking like an extremely solid A for the second. Now, I've ruined it. I've told my mom and she assures me that the lowest it would drop is a B- or B. I'm totally fine with that I just cant get a C. I cant. I've been working so hard these past four years. I just dont know what to do. I know it's my fault. I should have studied harder, but I didnt. I'm so upset.

I am sorry you are going through this but I am glad that you reached out. If you studied and did your best that is all you can do., Sometimes we blank out on things and that happens.We are all human. You need to not be so hard on yourself. Maybe speak to the teacher and see if you can retake the test or at least that question. I am sure your teacher knows how hard you try and how much effort you put in to the class. if you don't reach out the teacher will never know. It is important to keep the lines of communication open. Anyway if you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to 2ndfloor anytime by text, phone or message board. Out number is 888-222-2228. Good Luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X