Vent OUt... and help me out a little?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent OUt... and help me out a little?

So I am really looking forward to a good perspective and answer...
    anyways, so I am 16 yr old girl in highschool.
    I've been always told that I need "help" from the amount of emotional unstability I have and still endure. I never accepted it unttil this yeear I realized "Damn... I need help" because I was going down wrong roads. Here is the thing... I decided to get help because i need a more PROFFESIONAL perspective unlike school councelors. I needed someone that will really tug different sides of my brain and show me a strong psychological persecptive and be extremely supportive, because thats what i was looking for. I was not looking for the same answer like "oh take a deep breath and youll be fine". If i wanted to hear these basic advices, I would not have seeked therapy and I would have continued to visit my schoool councelor. I was just excpecting a more proffessional approach. Something new. LIke my therapist literally has a the most expressionless face I've ever seen, and gives too basic advices that i could have look up myself. I need someone better than that, that really digs deep within me and analyzes the problem more deeply and not just the surface if that makes sense. It is not helping me AT ALL. And then when I asked if they had a texting service, they were like "we only can talk on the phone. But texting? NOO." From what I understood, i cant text a therapist because they wouldnt give their phone numbers. I might be a little extra, but I would have definitly appreciated if one of the councelors allowed me to text them instead of call. It wouldve been more useful to me that talk... and so what if it was their phone number? same concept applies as their public number. I feel like i want them to be extra supportive. IDK... i hope you made sense of what Im trying to ssay this whole time.

It sounds like your therapist is not living up to the expectations that you had of them. Have you tried being direct with them and letting them know that you don't feel their approach is helping and specifically what you are looking for? You may also consider trying a different therapist. You want to feel comfortable with your therapist and get the support that you need. Trying someone different you may find that they fit more with what you are looking for. As far as texting goes, that is common for professional counselors not to give out their personal number. It could be the specific agencies policy, it could be due to liability, or it could be to create a certain boundary. If you are looking for a texting line we have one 24/7. If you want to talk more you can call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X