BEst approach to seeking help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEst approach to seeking help

I am straight up gonna say I am in need of therapy. Not because I am suicidal or in danger, but because emotional pain is really, well.. painful. I finally made the choice to be happy(woop woop), it took 3 years... and now that I actually WANT and ACCEPTED the fact that I need help, I don't know how to ask for it. I am 15 years old by the way. Earlier this year, my guidance at school told my dad about my shitty thoughts and whatnot, and I definitly did not want him or my fam to know becuase I feel "naked" and exposed when I am vulnerable but I figured it was time. She mentioned to him that I need therapy, and he was not against it... at least my councelor didnott think so. Its months... and I have not boought it up, and he probably forgot and im scared to bring it up again. I did leave a note a weeks ago, a post it saying "find me a therapist as soon as you get a chance to" and he didnt... so i dont if he forgot, or just didnt want to, or thought it was stupid... idk. So now I NEED to bring it up, so how should I tell him. Should I say something like "DO you love? Do you want the best for me? Then please pick up the phone and find me a therapist". We have sarcastic relationship. IDK.....

I can understand not wanting your dad or your family the way you are feeling, but that's the first step to getting help. If they don't know you are having these thoughts they can't try to understand what you are going through. It sounds like it's time to directly ask for help. Sit down with your dad and tell him you need a therapist ASAP. This way you know that he hasn't forgotten or that he received the message clearly and not sarcastically. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 12PM-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X