Frustrated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

Hi so I've been trying to find jobs in my area since I don't have any transportation to go to far away jobs so I'm trying to find nearby jobs but there's not really a lot of jobs open nearby and I'm getting really frustrated and upset that I can't find any jobs. I'm 16 and I know there's not many jobs for 16 year olds but I just wanna job to get out of my house and earn money. I have no experience whatsoever which also is bad but what can I do I can't find a job that can hire at my age of course I'm not going to be experienced. I'm just really frustrated. I need help.

I can understand how frustrating it must be to not be able to find a job when you really want one. Most 16 year old will have little experience but you will get more as you work more. Depending on what you are interested in you could work in the food industry-places may need servers, people to clear tables, hostesses. You could also try childcare-either at a daycare center or babysitting in your neighborhood. You could ask your parents or there friends to keep an eye out for employment that might work for you. If you want us to look up any employment for you you can always give us a call and we would be happy to help. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for replying and willing to help me! Do I have to call you guys because I have social anxiety and I get nervous. Sorry!

Comment

No of course you do not have to so don't apologize! We are just always here if you ever want to

Comment

Thank you

Is there like a website or something for jobs that I can see that our available? Maybe tips on how to get a job? Thank you for helping me! ❤️

Comment

Of course! We are always here to help. Check with your parents first about which websites they are ok with you using because sometimes you may have to give them some personal information. You can just type in "job search for teens" into google or you can look at specific companies that you are interested in online. Many times certain places will post on their website if they are looking for to hire. If you're looking for babysitting I know there is a website called care.com that may be a place to look at. I couldn't find a specific website that gives job tips but there are several articles online that refer to how to prepare for interviews or what to do when looking for a job. Some tips that may be helpful for you are think of all the local places in your area that you may potentially want to work at. That could be a restaurant, retail store, etc. Then go to their website or give them a call and see if they are looking to hire employees. Since it's August the chances are that many college students will be going back to school so jobs should be opening up. If you get an interview prepare for it by understanding the job that you are looking to get. Also create a resume which should include your contact info, experience, education, and skills. After an interview always follow up with the company or whoever interviewed you. I hope this helps! If you want to talk more you are welcome to continue talking to us on here or you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you for helping me out! It means a lot! ❤️❤️❤️

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X