This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved?

So I was sitting with a small group of people and an adult and we were all talking about our plans for next year. i forget what we were talking about but the conversation went somewhere and she said I was kind of a reserved person. This just made me feel aweful. I hate when people say I'm quiet because I try so hard to express myself and not be quiet. When I was younger I was very confident and I talked a lot but then I started getting quiet around age 13 and I'm tying to regain the confidence I had when I was little (I'm 17 now). Everyday I wake up and I try extra hard to express myself/not be quiet, but the more I talk, the more I get hurt which I know is how you learn but I just hate when people set me back like this. I'm also bad with stress and it is the end of the year of school so that might have something to do with me being queit too. I just do not want to be perceived as quiet. I want to be fun and outgoing and not have to worry about if someone thinks im boring. I want to be an honest, open and strong person but so many feelings hold me back.

I am glad that you reached out to 2ndfloor. I understand you feel that this person made you feel bad but I'm not sure if she meant it to be taken negatively. Being reserved, if that how is was put, is not a bad thing. Some people that are reserved tend to think things through more before responding.
    If it really bothered you, maybe you want to speak to this person in private and explain how that comment made you feel. I do commend you for trying so hard to be out going, but I would suggest just try being yourself. It should not be a daily struggle. You did mention that you don't want people to think you're boring, has anyone said that to you?
    If you are really struggling with this, maybe you would like to think about counseling? Does your family know how you feel? Maybe talk to your parents, or an adult you can trust.
    You did mention that you feel like people "set you back" when they make comments like this. You have to remember that sometimes people do not think about what they say and how it affects others. Try not to allow a comment to make you feel bad about yourself. If you allow that, you will have a hard time moving forward. Maybe place some positive quotes around your room, or try some positive affirmations. Remember you are in control of how you feel.
    I hope everything works out for you. Please remember that 2ndfloor is also available 24/7 @ 888-222-2228 or you can text us daily between 4-8 PM too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X