What should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

Hello, I went to this clinic to get help and now I think I STILL need to get help. This place is suppose to give me therapy. The first day I showed up, I was given an interview so that they can have an idea of what I need. I feel like the person that interviewed me likes me. To be honest, when I first saw their face, I had a feeling they were intense. Then they gave me glares as though they were falling for me. Then when we were alone, they sounded like they were coming on to me saying things like..."we're having a good time", among others. He would also give me looks as though he was lusting after me...I did not find them flattering. I am a gay young man...I don't know if he is gay but I told him that I am not looking to get into a relationship at the time because of my religion... so why would he still be coming on to me? Since his major is Psychology and he works in a psychological setting, why doesn't he just be straightforward and ask me out? Why is he playing games? I don't know for sure, but I think he's gay too, after everything he's been doing, obviously. What do you think I should do? Should I give it some time and see if it persists? This person told me that they were just going to give me an interview and not be my therapist but they might turn out to be my therapist after all, if they do turn out to be my therapist, then I would have to say something since we would meet every week.

What do you think?

This sounds like a tricky situation to be in. The center that you are seeking treatment from is suppose to provide a safe and nurturing environment so that you are able to open up and get therapy. Regardless of what the guy said about possible not being your therapist, he is crossing a line if he is actually flirting with you. He should not be crossing boundaries like that as a professional so think about what type of character he might actually have. If you continue to feel that he is crossing boundaries with you then you should think about asking for another person to do your intake. Now with all that said, just a question to think about, do you think that you are reading into? Do you think that he may just be friendly? Take some time to think about what is the best option for you maybe even right a pros and cons list for staying at that specific center, think about what is healthy for you. I hope this helps you sort out some of these things. If you want to talk further call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X