Eating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating?

Okay so basically for about a month or two back in the beginning of the school year I was only eating a little bit (as in like two bites of dinner or whatever) but then after my friend helped me I was eating normally for a while but now I'm in the middle of a really terrible cycle of binging, then hardly eating, then binging again and so on. It's really terrible and it causes me a lot of physical (and mental) pain and I'm not sure what to do.

Eating disorders are very difficult to overcome on your own. It's great that you have a friend who was able to help you for a short period of time, but now it's time to reach out for more professional help. If you can talk to your parents or an adult you trust and let them know what is going on. They can find you treatment under their insurance or you can search different treatment facilities via http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/treatment NEDA also provides a lot of support and more information about eating disorders. This is not something you should try to go through on your own and it's important to talk to someone about this. Reaching out to us was the first step in getting you the help you need and deserve! If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I feel you

Eating disorders can be a very scary thing! It is amazing that you are able to identify that you have a problem and even more impressive that you reached out to a friend for help. The next step is confiding in an adult who you trust or a school counselor so you can obtain professional help. I also think it's important to think about why you might have developed an eating disorder to begin with. Is there anything in your life that triggers whether you don't eat or binge? Identifying the cause could help to solving the problem. I developed an eating disorder a couple years ago that I struggled with on my own for a while. Finally, I told my parents and they got me the help I desperately needed. With their help and the help of my therapist I'm now healthy and no longer have an eating disorder. You can get better and it's okay to ask for help!! I wish you the best of luck and don't forget, you are not alone!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X