Self worth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self worth

My parents base everything off of my grades. Everything. I can never be happy and ever have my friends over or have any special prick ages just because I just cannot do math. It's not that I don't care, my teacher sucks, is unclear, does not guide me through anything, and Justus doesn't work for me and my parents don't realize it. I'm in eighth grade and I'm going to be leaving the school soon but my dad just went away for the weekend and this was going to be the only time I was allowed to have friends over. But of course like 1 hour after my mom agreed it was okay She saw my grades. It really lowers my self esteem because it feels like they base my self worth off of my grades and it isn't fair. I already have enough problems with my friends because I lost most of them this year and I want to be happy because I'm diagnosed with depression. I wanted one day where I could do something to make me happy.

It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. Struggling with depression and balancing school, family, and friends can be extremely difficult. Have you tried talking to your parents about how you have been feeling or about your grade and your self-esteem? They may not understand how greatly this is influencing your thoughts about yourself. Do you feel comfortable talking to either one of them about issues with your friends? Sometimes communication is the simplest and most effective way to change behavior. As far as math goes is there someone in your class who would be willing to help you? Or maybe a tutor that could give you some extra help? It's important to take care of your mental health at this time so I hope that you are speaking to someone about your depression and don't be afraid to reach out for more help if you need it! If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X