It's getting hard to care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's getting hard to care

For the longest time I've felt this way where I get upset with myself and everything starts to overwhelm me. Then a week or two later I stop caring. I stop doing my work at school to the point where my grades are at 40s I stop caring about relationships with other people. I stop empathizing. I stop looking at myself in the mirror, as often as I do see my reflections I'm not really looking at myself. I used to cut to feel some kind of pain or give myself something to care about in a way.
    I've been in a relationship with a boy I think I'm in love with for over a year. I broke it off with him. Cutting began to be more of a problem for me than a solution. I needed to hurt myself deeper. By ripping away something that was inbedded in my heart.
    What is wrong with me? Why am I this way?

First of all, I am sorry you are going through a rough time. Have you thought about what is overwhelming you? I think it is important for you to seek out a counselor to speak to about your feelings. Have you spoken to anyone about this? Your parents, a relative, a school counselor, or a teacher? Do you have someone to reach out to? You should not be trying to figure this out on your own. Are you still cutting? Check out this link which discusses cutting and alternatives to cutting. http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/resisting-cutting.html
    I'm sure your boyfriend has seen a change in you and that he was surprised you broke up with him. What did he say?

But most importantly you need to find an adult you trust and share these feelings you're having. There is nothing wrong with you, you just need some support to get through your emotions right now. You will feel better!
    Please feel free to contact 2NDFLOOR through message board post, phone or texting. We are here to help. Our number is 888-222-2228, 24/7 or text between 4-8 PM every day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X