How to tell parents I'm depressed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell parents I'm depressed?

I've been having suicidal thoughts and tendencies for quite some time, probably 10 months by now. My friend is urging me to tell my parents how sad I've been. but I really don't like asking for help. Any suggestions as to how I could tell them?

Telling someone that you need help can be extremely difficult, but it shows that you can do this! You've told your friend and now you are telling us. Sometimes it can be helpful to write down exactly what we are feeling or what we need before we tell someone. You can always use what you wrote to make sure you say everything that you need to say or you can write them a letter and hand it to them. Explain that there is something you need to tell them, and tell them how difficult it has been for you to talk to them about it. You can also call 2NDFLOOR and we can also walk through a conversation of how you would like to talk to them. Suicidal thoughts and depression is not something that you want to attempt dealing with on your own. If you feel that at any point you are in danger to yourself please do not hesitate to call 911 or the suicide prevention line 1 (800) 273-8255. You can also call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM @ 888-222-2228. We are here and we want to help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X