Lost

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost

College is definitely a lot more difficult than I thought. The work is fine, but the issue is money. All my friends talk about money as if it is not of importance, and I don't want to sound rude so I bite my tongue. I want nothing more than to scream at them that they should be happy their tuition is paid off. It is one less stress, though I know that they might have other issues in their lives as well. I just can't help but feel irritated when they complain about their parents not giving them money, or not buying them a new phone. Most of the time their phones are perfectly fine, but they only want a new one because it will "look" cooler. I guess that is a pet peeve of mine.

I don't know, just scraping by is a scary situation because of the fact that I don't want to have to take a break. If I take a break I am scared I won't come back. It happened to my brother, and he is currently not working or going to school. I want to work hard and make things happen, but my mind gets overwhelmed too easily. I'm already working two jobs and a full time student. I might have to get another job since I am paying for college mostly on my own. My parents can help a little bit though, and I am so grateful to them. This is why I am not as scared as I usually would be. I do have a support system if anything should happen, at least.

I am not really looking for any advice (unless anyone wants to offer some up), I just wanted a place to vent because if I ever said this in real life I would feel whiny and childish. My problems are difficult but a part of me just tells me to suck it up. I can't really do it anymore, though and if I vented to my family they would feel guilty for not being able to help more. Last thing I would want is to make them work too hard. Even if they can only manage a little, it helps me a lot.

So yeah, thanks for reading, this did help a little since I got to admit one of my biggest fears without anyone really laughing or judging.

We are always here even if it is just to vent. It's healthier to talk about your problems then to bottle them up. You shouldn't feel that your issues are any less than anyone else's. Most importantly don't think your feelings are childish, whiny, laughable, or easy to judge. What you are stressing about is very real and also common. It may be hard to see it because your friends are not dealing with the same problem. With any negative situation though you always have to find the positives in some way. That is one of the best ways to keep an optimistic mind. Working 2 full time jobs and being a full time student is a temporary situation. It is not forever even though day by day it seems never-ending. Look at the big picture and your goals ahead. A couple of years does not compare to a lifetime. Don't forget to take care of you though in the meantime...in any de-stressing type of way you can... meditating for 10 minutes, deep breathing exercises, yoga, etc. are all great ways to calm the mind. I'm glad you point out that you have a strong support system. It can't hurt to talk to your parents and vent to them about how stressed out you are. It may just make you feel better just to know that they hear what you are feeling...even if they can't financially help more... tell them it's not to make them feel guilty but just to know that they are there to listen and understand. If you ever want to vent more or are looking for advice we have counselors at 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline who are always here to listen 24/7. Our number is 888-222-2228. You can also text us at this number between 4pm and 8pm daily. Best wishes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X