Why can't I be different

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I be different

I've been trying so hard to be nice but I can't. I naturally get bad thoughts, I grew up in a bad enviorment and now I get bad thoughts of people and judge. Then I finally meet good, nice, simple people and I wish I could be like them. I wanna change. I don't wanna be how I am. I don't wanna feel guilt, angry, and hating life. I wanna accept life as it is and be happy and see the cup as half full but I can't. He says I can't change who I am.

It sounds like you are already on your way to making changes because you acknowledged your anger and negativity, and once you can recognize what you want to change then you can change it. It just takes time to change and a little practice so start with little things. The next time you feel yourself being negative or angry then change your thoughts to think of something positive, maybe think of something that you are appreciative for in your life. Also practice self reflection try to think about what triggered your negative thoughts and anger, the more you are aware of it and what caused the thoughts the more likely you can be to change it! Like I said it will take time because learned negative behaviors are all you knew, but it does not have to define you! Just put in the work and you will start to notice the small changes in your attitude. Another key is surrounding yourself with positive people, I know you don’t choose your family but you do choose your friends so choose wisely!!
    In addition, it would be a good idea for you to get some counseling to talk about all of this. Here is the number for NJ Mental Health Cares @ 866-202-4357 or visit them online @ www.njmentalhealthcares.org. You can also talk to your guidance counselor at school. Please don’t hesitate to call 2NDFLOOR at any time to talk at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7 to help you or text us daily between 4-8pm.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” –Mark Twain
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 10-07-2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X